Installing the Telerik RadControls in DotNetNuke is not difficult, but there are a couple of points that can lead to trouble. So I’ve decided to put together a short blog entry detailing the steps required to successfully integrate your Telerik controls with DotNetNuke.
Steps to follow:
First download the relevant files from Telerik’s website. You should end up with two files one called Telerik.DNN.Modules_[version]_dev.zip and the other called Telerik.DNN.SkinObjects_[version]_dev.zip.
Once you have successfully downloaded the required zip files follow these steps to complete the installation:
- Login to your DotNetNuke installation using the host account.
- Navigate to the Module Definitions section found under the Host menu.
- Click the “Install new module” link at the bottom of the module, or in the actions menu.
- On the “Intall New Module” page, click browse and select the Telerik.DNN.Modules module zip file that you downloaded.
- Click install new module.
- To confirm the installation click return. You should now see TelerikWebUI in your list of modules. You can also confirm by looking in the bin folder of the installation where you will find two DLLs called Telerik.Charting.dll and Telerik.Web.UI.dll.
- Next, click Add New Module again.
- On the “Install New Module” page, click browse and select the Telerik.DNN.SkinObjects module zip file.
- Click “Install New Module”.
- To confirm the Skin Objects successful installation click return and then locate and edit the [Skin Objects] module. In the list of skin objects, found at the bottom of the module definition, the system should now include the RadMenu, RadMenuActions, RadPanelBar, RadTabStrip and RadTreeView skin objects.
I have tested this a number of times and it has worked successfully, but if anyone has come across any problems with this approach, tell us about it.